Yale Daily News Scroller
Thursday, March 6, 2014
The latest edition of the PAWPRINT will be available at lunch. Get your copy from B133, the front office or the library. There will be a brief PAWPRINT meeting at the start of lunch in B133.
Junior boys basketball meeting in the small gym at lunch.
Don’t forget to get your Incentive Day forms completed and back to your Block D teacher for an early start to your weekend tomorrow!
Basketball players; please return your uniforms tomorrow!
Any Drama and English classes that have been invited to see Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, next Thursday at Trinity Western, should have permission forms in by the end of the week to Mr. Reynolds or Mr. Gundy in the new theatre. It’s dinner and a show! Come experience Shakespeare’s work live!
This is the last week to register for the SAT Preparation course. The cost is $300 and you may register in the office or online at yalesecondary.com
Grads – Abbotsford Community Foundation Awards applications are due tomorrow by 3pm! Get your applications in ASAP. If you need help, see a counsellor.
In the cafeteria this week:
Mon - calzones $2
Tues - teriyaki chicken & rice $3.50
Wed - pulled pork bun $3
Thurs - spaghetti & meatballs $3.50 and garlic butter breadsticks $1
Fri - Mac & cheese and pizza pretzels $2 each
Search Yale Main Site
Yale Softball Academy Open House!
Yale Softball Academy is hosting a second open house on March 9th from 10 am to 12. Bring runners, gear and softball equipment to participate in a day in the life of a Yale Softball Student. School Tour and Parent information session to follow.
Live To Give 2014 This Friday!
Overnight fundraiser details for attendees this Friday (Feb 28th).
If you are attending the overnight fundraiser, Live to Give, this Friday, please be aware of the following:
1) Doors open at 6pm BUT all students NEED to arrive by 6:50pm. (Opening ceremony starts at 7pm sharp)
2) No formal dinner is provided, so we encourage that students eat dinner prior to their arrival at the school (there will be some snacks available and pizza will be served later at night).
3) We encourage students to dress comfortably as they will be moving around the school for various events.
4) Students need to bring their best behavior (all school rules apply). We have had 2 fabulous years of this fun event and would love to have this year go off without a hitch so that we may continue the tradition.
5) The event is expected to finish at around 6:00am.
Thanks so much for your support with this worthy cause!
Yale Softball Academy Recruiting!
In grade 8-11? Love Softball? Like to work hard and compete day in and day out? Have a desire to take your softball to the next level or get a college scholarship? Want to receive instruction from University, Professional, and National team players as well as Dave Paetkau, Assistant Coach of the Team Canada Women's Softball team? Or just want to stay in softball shape in the off season? The Yale Secondary Softball Academy just might be the thing for you!
Who? Any softball players grades 8-11
Where? Yale Secondary Gym
When? Sunday February 23rd from 10-12.
Parents can come along with the athletes to see what our program is all about as the girls go through a day at the Yale Softball Academy training session. There will also be a school tour and parent information session discussing things such as plans for next year, what we are all about, academic expectations, transportation and cross catchment enrollment and how your daughter can become a part of our academy. Please bring clean runners, water, and your softball equipment.
Questions? Contact Jen Schreyer a
Follow us on twitter @yalesftblacdmy
Grad Scholarships Info!
GRADS! Apply for the Abbotsford Community Foundation Scholarships NOW.
Application Download CLICK HERE!!!
Yale's Newspaper the "Paw Print" February Edition Now Available!
The February edition of Yale's Newspaper the "Paw Print" is now available for download. The new version should be "mobile friendly"!
YALE 2014 GRADS...
APPLYING TO POST SECONDARY INSTITUTIONS (universities, tech schools, colleges, etc.)?? YOU WILL NEED TO SEND TRANCRIPTS……READ ON!!
PSIs require a copy of your official transcript in order to process your application to their school. The Ministry of Education provides you with an opportunity to have your transcripts automatically sent to the institutions of your choice for NO FEE. Before April 30th, you must give the Ministry of Education permission to release your term 3 and final marks to Post Secondary Institutions. This is an easy and necessary process.
Students access the online form by logging into the Student Secure Web (SSW) site: https://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/tsw/tsw/student/ and click the “Post Secondary Institutions Selections” menu option. IT’S AN EASY PROCESS!! Note that students who do not yet have a SSW account will need to create one prior to gaining access to the PSI Selections form. All students in BC can make an account using their PEN – a nine digit number located at the top of each report card.
PSI selections must be submitted by April 30 for Interim transcript information to be forwarded.
Yale Secondary. . .There's an App for that!
That's right, you can now keep up with all of the who, what, when and where for YALE Secondary right on your iPhone, iPad and Android devices through the YALE Secondary mobile app!
The YALE Secondary mobile app is free and can be found in the Apple App Store and on Google Play by searching for "YALE Secondary" or clicking the links below. With it, you can:
• Opt-in to receive push notifications
• Keep up with the latest news and information
• View calendars for general events, athletics, clubs and school organizations
• Add events & calendars to your device calendar or share calendars
• View a map of event locations & get directions to off-campus events
• Find faculty and staff contact info
• Access quick links to school menus, online gradebook system and more
• Get important documents, view picture galleries & other media
• Students can use valuable tools like the My Assignments virtual assignment book and TipLine to help promote school safety
The YALE Secondary mobile app by SchoolInfoApp also provides students with valuable tools, including:
• My Assignments – a virtual assignment book that students can use to keep up with their homework, upcoming tests and projects, complete with the due date and priority level.
• TipLine – a tool to promote school safety and integrity that allows students to anonymously report tips related to instances of bullying, academic integrity concerns or possible on-campus criminal activity.
Yale's Newspaper the "Paw Print"January Edition Now Available!
The January edition of Yale's Newspaper the "Paw Print" is now available for download. The new version should be "mobile friendly"!
Reminder Grad Transitions!
Reminder to all the Grads of 2014.... The Grad Transitions booklet is due to Mr. Radons in the Career Centre no later than Thursday, January 23. Grad Interviews will begin in Semester 2